Sticky Buns ( Dog Team Tavern Website )
- ¾ lb
- peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 stick
- margarine at room tempature
- 2 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- eggs well beaten
- 7 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts
- 2 stick
- lightly salted butter, melted
- 1/4 c
How to Make Sticky Buns ( Dog Team Tavern Website )
- 1Boil potatoes in salted water to cover until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes, reserving 1 ½ cups of the cooking liquid, and mash. Measure 1 Cup of the mashed potatoes and reserve the rest for another use.
- 2Stir together the mashed potatoes, margarine, ½ cup of the sugar and salt. Cool to lukewarm and add yeast, eggs and the reserved 1 ½ cups cooking liquid. Mix well. Add flour and stir. Knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth and elastic. Set in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk. Punch down and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 3Butter three 9-inch round or square baking dishes. Distribute brown sugar evenly among the pans. Sprinkle with enough water to make the sugar very wet. Distribute walnuts evenly over the brown sugar
- 4Roll out the dough into a ½-inch-thick rectangle on a well-floured surface. Brush with melted butter. Stir together the remaining 2 ¼ cups sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the buttered dough. Roll up the dough as you would a jelly roll. Cut into ½-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices cut-side up in the prepared pans so that they are almost touching. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake the sticky buns until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
Immediately invert the buns onto a plate.
MAKES 6 TO 8 STICKY BUNS PER PAN