Starlight Yellow Cake
*Instead of using flour and shortening to grease the pan or pans, you can just use nonstick baking spray; that's what I used and it worked just fine.
How to Make Starlight Yellow Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease bottom and sides of a rectangular pan, 13 X 9-inches, 2 round pans, 9 X 1 ½ -inches, or 3 round pans, 8 X 1 ½-inches with shortening and lightly flour.*(see my notes)
- Beat all ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally; pour into pan(s).
- Bake rectangle 35 to 40 minutes, 9-inch rounds 25 to 30 minutes, 8-inch rounds 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool rectangle in pan on wire rack; cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Frost as desired.