Star Spangeled Cake Pops
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 can(s)cream cheese icing
·wilton brand melting chocolate
1 cvanilla yogurt
1/3 cveg. oil
·food coloring, any color.. i used wilton gel
How to Make Star Spangeled Cake Pops
- Combine mix, eggs, yogurt, milk, oil until incorporated (about 30 seconds). Scrape sides of bowl and then beat on med-high speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter for however many colors you want to have for the pops, I did one color. But the possibilities are ENDLESS! Bake batter according to directions on box, for either a 13 x 9 or however many pans you need for the coloring.
- Let pans/ cake cool COMPLETELY. I like to take off the hard edges ( I really just like to sneak some cake in, and i secretly LOVE the edges :) ) "fluff" the cake with a fork so it's all crumbles.
- Now it's time for the icing. I don't use an entire can, it gets SUPER gooey if I do, and makes for some difficult rolling. Use about half the can, or a little more. Mix in very well so it resembles a paste. Put in an air tight container in the fridge for about an hour to "harden". This will help in shaping the dough.
- Take a teaspoon, the same one you stir your coffee with, (if you drink it, personally, I'd rather have an IV) get a good full spoon of dough, and, with clean hands, roll away! Put the balls on a lined cookie sheet so you can transfer balls in freezer for firming.
- Now the fun begins! Take those balls out, after about an hour or so in the freezer, melt that delicious chocolate, Dip the sticks in the chocolate, then put the sticks in the ball. Now you have pops, but they need to be covered! Wait until the "bubble" at the top, or rather bottom, of the ball has hardened. Then "roll" the pop in the melted chocolate. I roll it bc this helps the stick from coming out. If you use sprinkles dip the pop in sprinkles. The pops can either be put on wax paper to dry, or you can put them in a Styrofoam "holder" I think you can get them at craft stores, like Micheal's.