Sprite Pound Cake
3 stickbutter (room temp)
1/2 cshortening, butter flavor(room temp)
6 largeeggs(room temp)
1 Tbsplemon extract
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
11/2 csprite(room temp)
1/4 clemon zest, grated
1 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Sprite Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Cream Butter and Shortening until smooth.
- Add Sugar and Beat until light and fluffy(2-3min)
- Add Two Eggs at a time beating until the yolk disappears.
- Add All Extracts and Lemon Zest
- Beat in the flour alternately with the Sprite(cup), mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Flip cake onto your desired serving plate.
- Mix 1/2 cup of sprite with confectioners sugar.
- Heat glaze in the microwave for 60 seconds
- Pour glaze over warm pound cake.
- Cool and enjoy!!!