Spiced Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake
CARAMEL APPLE TOPPING
4 Tbspunsalted butter
1/2 clight brown sugar
1 boxspice cake mix
15 ozcanned pumpkin
1 pincheach cinnamon,nutmeg and allspice
How to Make Spiced Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake
- Grease and flour one 9" cake pan - this cake is NOT a double layer cake but just a single layer- and preheat oven to 350 degrees. .
- Place butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a sauce pan and bring ingredients to a boil and allow to continue boiling for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and spread evenly over the bottom of your cake pan
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples. Sprinkle over your caramel evenly. Move on to mixing the cake.
- Mix ALL cake ingredients together until thoroughly moistened. A few small lumps are all right, but no really large ones. :D The batter will be quite thick.
- Spread batter over apples evenly, and place in oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and cake springs back after touched.
- Let cool for 15 minutes or so, then loosen cake from the sides of the pan by sliding a butter knife along the edges. Tip over onto a plate and Enjoy!
For further enjoyment, serve with freshly whipped cream spiced with a hint of cinnamon, sugar and vanilla and some caramel sauce for drizzling!