Southern Praline Rum Cake
1 cpecans, chopped
1/2 cbutter (at room temperature)
2/3 cdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 pkg15.25 oz. super moist butter pecan cake mix
1/2 cheavy cream
1/2 cspiced rum
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cspiced rum
How to Make Southern Praline Rum Cake
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup tube pan.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly into pan.
- In mixer bowl, at low speed, cream butter and 3/4 cup dark brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Combine cake mixr and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Add dry mixture, alternately with heavy cream; mixing well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup spiced rum and the vanilla extract.
- Pour evenly into prepared tube pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tester, inserted deeply into cake, comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes; then turn out onto serving plate.
- To make glaze, in a small saucepan, over low-medium heat; melt butter.
- Add water and 1/2 cup dark brown sugar.
- Stir and watch glaze constantly; when it comes to a boil, remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup spiced rum.
- With fork, poke holes all over top of cake.
- Using pastry brush, smooth glaze all over cake.
- Serve or cover tightly with foil until ready to be served.