Southern Peach Coffee Cake
A family fave of ours that we never get tired of..
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 1/4 stick
- butter, softened and divided
- 3 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 can(s)
- (21-ounce) container peach pie filling
- 1/4 c
- chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
How to Make Southern Peach Coffee Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and vanilla; beat well.
- 3Spread half of the batter in prepared baking pan. Spoon pie filling evenly over cake batter, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over pie filling. Using a wet knife, carefully spread batter over pie filling, covering filling completely.
- 4In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons butter, the pecans, and nutmeg until well mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- 5Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool then cut and serve, or cover until ready to serve.