Southern Peach Coffee Cake
A family fave of ours that we never get tired of..
1 3/4 c1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
2 1/4 stickbutter, softened and divided
3 1/4 call-purpose flour, divided
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1 can(s)(21-ounce) container peach pie filling
1/4 cchopped pecans
1/4 tspground nutmeg
How to Make Southern Peach Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and vanilla; beat well.
- Spread half of the batter in prepared baking pan. Spoon pie filling evenly over cake batter, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over pie filling. Using a wet knife, carefully spread batter over pie filling, covering filling completely.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons butter, the pecans, and nutmeg until well mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool then cut and serve, or cover until ready to serve.