Southern Lady Orange Cake
1 boxduncan hines orange supreme cake mix
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 csour cream
2/3 cvegetable oil
1/2 tsporange extract
1 can(s)mandarin oranges, drained (11 oz)
2 Tbsporange juice
1 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Southern Lady Orange Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a tube cake pan. Or you can spray the pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine the cake mix, sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, oil, and orange extract. Mix at low speed with a mixer until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the mandarin oranges and mix on low speed until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let it finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Combine the orange juice and confectioner's sugar until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle this glaze over the cake.