- 1 c
- chocolate chips
- 2 c
- 3/4 c
- melted butter
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- (14 ounce) bags caramels
- 1 1/3 c
- water ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 c
- oil ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- eggs ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- (18 ounce) boxes german chocolate cake mix
How to Make Southern Chocolate Turtle Cake
- 1Prepare cake mix as directed.
Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13x9 inch pan.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Remove and let cool.
- 2In a double boiler, add caramels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
Pour melted caramel over cooling cake.
Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.