Sour Cream Pound Cake
How to Make Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Note: Be sure all ingredients are at room temperture before mixing.
- 3Mix first 5 ingredients together with a mixer. Then add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well incorporated after each.
- 4Prepare a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in batter.
- 5A suggestion I found on a similiar recipe to create the crisp crust found on old fashioned pound cakes was to grease or spray the pan and then sugar coat the inside of the pan, although I did not do this I would like to try this sometime.
- 6Another suggestion that one person had was to use other flavor mixes. I like this one because of the butter flavor. I've also added lemon extract instead of the vanilla and it adds a wonderful flavor. I have also added lemon extract to the glaze before drizzling over the cake.
- 7Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
3/4 cup sugar
Pour over cake when cooled.