★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 ccake flour, sifted
2 stickbutter, softened
1 csour cream
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Stir in flavoring
- Sift flour and soda together twice
- Cream butter
- Slowly add sugar and cream well
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream
- Add dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time, beating constantly
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours in 325 oven or until done.
- Place pan on rack to cool 5 minutes. Loosen cake around edge of pan and edge of tube with dull side of knife. Press toward pan rather than toward cake. This protects crust. Turn cake onto rack to cool immediately.