★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 csugar - separated
3/4 cmargarine (1 1/2 sticks)
18 oz container sour cream
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 csemi sweet chocolate pieces
How to Make Sour Cream Marble Cake
- in small bowl: combine cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar-set aside.
- in large bowl: at low speed cream 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup margarine until just blended. Increase speed to high, beat till light and fluffy.
- Decrease speed: add 2 cups flour & remaining ingredients, except chocolate pieces. Beat until blended, scraping sides of bowl. Beat 3 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 batter in 9 inch tube pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cocoa mixture, cover with rest of batter, sprinkle with rest of cocoa mixture. Swirl through with knife to marbleize.
- Crumble topping: Small bowl
combine: 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, remaining 4 tbs margarine. Knead until resembles course crumbs. Stir in chocolate pieces. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes @ 350. Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan serve warm or cool.