Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a relatively easy coffee cake to prepare, but the finished product will have others thinking you've spent hours on it. My husband said it was one of the best coffee cakes he has ever eaten. Cherie, I can understand why it has been passed down through the generations! The Test Kitchen
2 stickbutter, softened
1 csour cream
1 tspbaking powder
Topping(use a little more of each!)
1/2 cfinely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
2 Tbsplight brown sugar
How to Make Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour tube pan.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs in an electric mixer. Then, barley fold in by hand the sour cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. VERY important to sift!
- Fold the dry ingredients gently into the batter.
- Mix together the Topping ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into the tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the topping. Spoon on rest of batter. Sprinkle on remainder of topping.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for several hours; then remove from pan. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar.