Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a relatively easy coffee cake to prepare, but the finished product will have others thinking you've spent hours on it. My husband said it was one of the best coffee cakes he has ever eaten. Cherie, I can understand why it has been passed down through the generations! The Test Kitchen
- 2 stick
- butter, softened
- 2 c
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- (use a little more of each!)
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar
How to Make Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour tube pan.
- 2Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs in an electric mixer. Then, barley fold in by hand the sour cream and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. VERY important to sift!
- 4Fold the dry ingredients gently into the batter.
- 5Mix together the Topping ingredients.
- 6Pour half of the batter into the tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the topping. Spoon on rest of batter. Sprinkle on remainder of topping.
- 7Bake for 55-60 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 8Cool for several hours; then remove from pan. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar.