Sour Cream Banana Bars
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 csugar
1 csour cream
1/2 flbutter, softened
1 1/2 cmashed banana, (about 3 large)
2 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
1 tspkosher salt
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cpecans, in pieces (optional)
BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING
1/2 cbutter (no substitution)
4 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Sour Cream Banana Bars
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Grease and flour a jelly roll pan.
- Mix sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping sides occasionally for 1 minute.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally for 1 minute. Stir in nuts if using. (I like to add them to the top after frosting bars)
- Spread batter into pan. Bake until a light brown color, 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Browned Butter Frosting. Cut into bars, about 2x1 1/2 inches.
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
Heat butter over medium hear until delicate brown. Remove pan from heat and mix in powdered sugar and milk until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Butter is the only option for this frosting. Margarine will not give it the depth of flavor that browned butter imparts.