How to Make Sopapilla "Cheesecake"
- 1Press one can of crescent rolls (*I used reduced fat) into the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan. (*Only if using reduced fat, spray pan with cooking spray)
- 2Beat 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese (I use lowfat), 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until thoroughly combined. Spread evenly over cresent dough.
- 3Unroll 2nd can of cresent rolls and lay on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- 4Melt 1 stick of butter in a saucepan on the and then stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon until both are dissolved. Drizzle evenly over crescent rolls.
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool at room temperature and then refridgerate. Cut in to slices and serve. Individual servings can be warmed for about 10-20 seconds in the microwave prior to serving, but I like mine cold!! If desired, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.