- 3 box
- 8 oz - cream cheese (softened/room temperature)
- 2 c
- white sugar** (will use 1/2 c for topping)
- 2 can(s)
- crescent rolls (regular size, can use reduced fat or store brands)
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 c
- butter** (1 stick), melted
How to Make Sopapilla Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cream cheese, 1½ cups sugar** and vanilla together (use mixer) until well blended and fluffy/creamy.
**Note - You can use Splenda for baking, a mix of Splenda and sugar, Truvia (Stevia) or a mixture of Truvia (Stevia) and sugar to reduce sugar for diabetics. I’ve done all 4 and they come out ok.
- 2Unroll one can of crescent rolls and place flat in 9x13 greased cake pan. If any crescents have pulled apart push them back together and pat/mash dough to just reach the edges of the pan. Don’t use a rolling pin or mash too much, you’ll lose the layers of the crescent.
- 3Pour cream cheese mixture over crescent rolls and spread evenly.
- 4Unroll 2nd can of crescent rolls** and place on top of cream cheese mixture. **Note - I unroll the second can of crescents on a flexible cutting board, push any that have parted back together and mash them out a little to where it will cover the pan.
- 5Mix butter**, ½ cup sugar and cinnamon together and poor evenly over top of crescent rolls. **Note - To cut down on the butter, I spread softened butter on the can of cresent rolls I rolled out on the flexible cutting board for the top. I lay it over the cream cheese mixture butter side up and just sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the butter. I always have a cinnamon sugar mixture in a Tupperware container in the cabinet for toast and snickerdoodles, so I probably use more than the ½ cup.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30+/- minutes until creamcheese puffs up/rises. Let cool. I cut the pan in half lengthwise, then cut every 1½ -2" crosswise to make 'bar' we can just pick up and eat.
11/25/12 Update Note:- I made this with Pumpkin Cream Cheese (Wal-Mart brand) for Thanksgiving and added a pinch of nutmeg to the cream cheese and to the cinnamon topping and it was a big hit with my family!!