It can be decorated however you like with fruit or coconut (as we do) and be a birthday or holiday cake your guests will love and ask you for the recipe.
My mother-in-law introduced me to this on my first visit and it's become a tradition since.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 Tbspcool water
1 cboiling water
1 corange juice
1 largelemon juice, fresh
1 ptwhipped cream
1 pkgangel food cake, premade
1 or 2 can(s)whipped topping (i used ready whip)
How to Make Snowball Cake
- Dissolve 1 pkg of Gelatin in 4 Tbs cool/cold water
- Add 1 cup boiling water, stirring well to dissolve the gelatin.
Add dash of salt.
- Add 1 cup orange juice, 1 lemon, juiced with pits removed, and 1 cup sugar.
- Let mixture partially set. If in the fridge, keep an eye on it as you do not want it to fully set in the container you're using to mix.
- While it's cooling, tear apart 1 large angel food cake into bite size pieces.
Line large bowl with waxed paper
- In the liquid mixture, fold in 1 pint of whipped cream. Don't forget this step like I did the first time I made it!
- In the bowl with the waxed paper, put in a layer of the torn pieces of Angel Food Cake - about 1/2 depending on how big your cake is and how big your bowl is..
Pour the same approximate amount of the gelatin mixture over the cake pieces slowly so it can soak in some.
Repeat the layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to set up overnight.
Unmold onto a plate, ice with more whipped cream, garnish with coconut or other favorite fruit or toppings. For us, we love coconut but the grandkids don't so we only put it on 1/2!