How to Make Snowball Cake
- Soften gelatin in cold water; add boiling water, stir to dissolve completely.
- Add orange juice, lemon juice and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved, then refrigerate until thick as eggwhite.
- Whip one pint (2 cups) whipping cream, using chilled bowl and beaters; fold into thickened gelatin mixture.
- Coat sides of 3 quart bowl or 10" tube pan with vegetable shortening and line with waxed paper.
- Break angel food cake into 1 inch pieces; alternate layers with gelatin/whipping cream mixture.
- Chill overnight or 6 to 8 hours.
- Invert onto cake plate and frost with 1/2 pint (1 cup) cream whipped.
- Cover generously with coconut and refrigerate until serving time.
- Refrigerate any leftovers promptly.