Easter Egg Nest Cake or Snow Storm Cake
I have updated it because I don't usually want to make an angelfood cake from scratch. But I think its just as good with the cake mix.
- 1 box
- one step angelfood cake mix plus ingredients called for on package
- (8 ounce) container cool whip, whipped topping
- 1 pkg
- flaked coconut (6-7 ounces)
- jelly bean easter eggs
- green food coloring
FOR EITHER VERSION OF CAKE:
FOR EASTER EGG NEST CAKE:
How to Make Easter Egg Nest Cake or Snow Storm Cake
- 1Mix and bake angelfood cake as directed on box. Cool completely.
Frost cake with whipped topping.
- 2FOR EASTER EGG NEST CAKE: Tint 1/3 of coconut green, the color of grass, by putting a few drops of green food coloring in a small bowl with coconut and mixing well.
Cover the hole in the center of the angelfood cake with a cracker or cookie. Frost this area with whipped topping.
Press the remaining white coconut on sides of cake. Sprinkle the green tinted coconut on top of cake. Add jelly bean Easter eggs to top of cake.
Store cake in refrigerator.