S'mores Truffle Cheesecake
- 2 lb
- chocolate, equal amounts bittersweet and semisweet, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream, divided
- 2 tsp
- vanilla, divided
- 2 c
- marshmallows, mini, divided
- 20 large
- graham crackers
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 c
- butter, cut into 1 tbsp pieces
- 4 pkg
- cream cheese, 8 oz each, room temperature
- 4 large
How to Make S'mores Truffle Cheesecake
Heat 1 cup heavy cream in a heavy bottomed pan until bubbles appear on the sides of the pan, do not boil. Pour over 1 1/2 pounds chopped chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk mixture but not too vigorously to prevent air bubbles from forming in chocolate. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir to blend. Cool 15 minutes and then cover with plastic wrap over the surface and refrigerate at least 45 minutes. When the mixture is firm enough, shape into 2 inch balls. Press 4 to 5 mini marshmallows into each ball and cover with additional chocolate mixture. Roll the chocolate ball between palms until round. Freeze at least 1 hour. Makes about 15 to 20 truffles. You can roll these in cocoa powder twice or graham cracker crumbs and then stop if you just want great truffles or, you can continue with the cheesecake recipe.
Combine graham crackers with 1/4 cup sugar in food processed and process until fine crumb. Add butter and process until well blended. Pour into 10 inch springform pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Press onto sides and bottom and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool to room temp, about 20 minutes.
In large mixing bowl, cream the cheese with 1 cup sugar until smooth and well blended. Add 1 tsp vanilla, beat for 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until we'll blended after each.
- 4Pour filling into baked crust. Place one frozen truffle in the center of filling and submerge. Place the additional truffles around the edge, about 1 inch from edge, submerge. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until the center only wiggles slightly. Turn oven off and allow to cool in oven for another hour. Remove cheesecake to cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream in small saucepan and bring to a simmer, do not boil. Add 1 cup marshmallows and continue to simmer until marshmallows are melted, about 2 minutes. Pour over 8 oz chocolate and let stand 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir to blend. Carefully pour mixture over cheesecake with the springform pan still on the cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 5 hours before serving.