★★★★★ 1 vote5
2/3 ccake flour
1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1/4 tspcream of tartar
2 cmarshmallows, mini
1/4 cchocolate mini-chips
1/4 cheathcliff bars, broken in pieces (opt.)
How to Make Smores Cake
- Lightly butter 2 - 8" round springform cake pans or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together cake flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder in medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine milk, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Beat eggs whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and continue beating until thick and foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until soft, smooth peaks form.
- Fold half into batter until blended.
- Fold in remaining whites until blended.
- Divide batter into prepared pans, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until wood pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle marshmallows (you may use MORE than directed as they are fat-free) and chocolate chips over tops of cakes. Add broken heathcliff bar pieces as desired.
- Place under broiler to brown slightly.
- Let cool to warm and serve.