- 1 box
- white cake mix
- 1 3-oz box
- strawberry flavored instant gelatin
- 1 10-0z pkg
- frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed & pureed
- large eggs
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- softened butter
- 1 8-oz pkg
- softened cream cheese
- 1 10-oz pkg
- frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
- 1/2 tsp
- strawberry extract
- 7 c
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake
- 1For cake: preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 round 9-in. cake pans.
- 2In large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 3Pour into prepared pans, and bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 4For frosting: In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Beat in 1/4 cup strawberry puree, reserving remaining for another use. Beat in extract. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
- 5Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired.