Simple Fruit Roll Cake
This uses a 14x26cm silicon pan.
If you're using one that is bigger then double the recipe.
I've doubled and tripled the recipe depending on my bake pan. It's also supposed to be shallow/thin.
Do not expect it to be a really thick cake.
When I made the one in the picture, I didn't put a lot of cream in it. Usually though you want a lot of cream so you can see it unlike mine :P
20 ggranulated sugar
30 gwheat flour or pastry flour
50 mlheavy whipping crem
2 tspgranulated sugar
SUGAR SYRUP (OPTIONAL)
70 ggranulated sugar
2 Tbspgrand marnier (optional)
How to Make Simple Fruit Roll Cake
- Preheat oven to 170° C (338° F). Use parchment paper and make sure the whole pan is covered in it (not just the bottom).
- In a bowl, hand mix the egg then add the sugar. Then using a hand mixer (electric) and mix on high for 5min until it almost looks like whip cream (or just time yourself for 5min, I do). It will become fluffy.
- After that, sieve the flour in and with a spatula mix carefully, not losing the fluffiness.
- Add the milk and mix. When it's completely mixed pour it into the pan.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- For cream: Mix the heavy whipping cream and sugar on high till it reaches peak.
- When you take the cake out of the oven, lift the cake from the pan and let it cool.
Once completely cooled, place another piece of parchment paper on top and invert the cake, peeling off the paper from the cake, leave it downside.
- Brush cake with sugar syrup. Take the cream and use a thick layer and cover the cake. Make sure the cake is kind of at one end of the paper too because you will need to roll it.
- Once you have a good layer place fruits (whichever you like) in rows. You can make about 3 maybe 4 rows of fruit. Make sure you also leave a good space in between because when you roll, you're going to need it.
- Once you have all the fruit rows, firmly fold the lower part of the sponge sheet.
Then, grab the baking paper and lift it over the
- Roll it like you're rolling a poster. You want it to become compact.
Place it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Top with anything you like :)