How to Make Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Set rack in the middle of the oven.
Butter and flour a 9 1/2 inch springform pan, and tap out excess flour.
- 2Place the ricotta in a large mixing bowl, and stir it as smooth as possible with a rubber spatula.
Stir the sugar and flour together thoroughly into the ricotta.
- 3Stir in the eggs 1 at a time to prevent the batter from getting lumpy. Blend in the vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest and salt.
- 4Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake in the center of the oven for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until a light golden color. Make sure the center is fairly firm, and the point of a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Cool on a wire rack. It will sink slightly as it cools. Cover, and chill till serving time.