Sicilian Ricotta Cake
4 lbfresh ricotta, made from a speciality store like pastosa, in staten island, ny
2 1/2 csugar
2 tspvanilla extract
2lemon zest, grated
3 ozbakers semi-sweet chocolate, grated
How to Make Sicilian Ricotta Cake
- Make sure the ricotta is drained from it's liquid, you can do this by placing it over night in a cheesecloth in a drainer on top of a dish in the fridge.
- Place ricotta in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, slightly hand beat the eggs with a fork, mix in sugar, mix in vanilla extract until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the ricotta and blend together using a large wooden paddle. Mix in the lemon zest and chocolate shavings.
- Pour into a 9x13 stainless steel pan and bake in center of oven at 350 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes. Place a knife in center, if it comes out dry, it's done.