Sicilian Ricotta Cake
- 4 lb
- fresh ricotta, made from a speciality store like pastosa, in staten island, ny
- 2 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- lemon zest, grated
- 3 oz
- bakers semi-sweet chocolate, grated
How to Make Sicilian Ricotta Cake
- 1Make sure the ricotta is drained from it's liquid, you can do this by placing it over night in a cheesecloth in a drainer on top of a dish in the fridge.
- 2Place ricotta in a large bowl.
- 3In a medium bowl, slightly hand beat the eggs with a fork, mix in sugar, mix in vanilla extract until well blended.
- 4Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the ricotta and blend together using a large wooden paddle. Mix in the lemon zest and chocolate shavings.
- 5Pour into a 9x13 stainless steel pan and bake in center of oven at 350 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes. Place a knife in center, if it comes out dry, it's done.