1 boxcake mix, devils food with pudding in the mix
1/4 cchopped pecans
1/4 tspground cinnamon
1 1/4 cwater
2 ptwhipping cream
2 c10 x sugar (powdered sugar)
1 ccocoa powder
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Shadow Cake
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch cake pans (can use cocoa powder instead of flour if you wish)
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat at low speed till moist. Then on high for approximately 2 minutes
- pour into prepared pans and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before icing the cakes.
- for Icing: Combine all the icing ingredients in a large bowl and beat on high till stiff peaks form.
- Divide both cake layers in half so you have 4 layers. Spread the icing evenly between layers, top, and sides. *Looks pretty when decorated with fanned out strawberry slices on top*