Scandinavian Almond-less Almond Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 csugar
1/3 cheavy cream
1/3 ccold water
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 cflour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted
·powdered sugar, for garnish
How to Make Scandinavian Almond-less Almond Cake
- Generously grease baking pan with butter, paying special attention to corners and crevices. (Alternate: Spray a loaf pan or Scandinavian cake pan with Pam® spray for baking). Then dust lightly with flour.
- Beat sugar, egg, vanilla, cream and water on medium-low speed until well blended. (Alternate: use 2/3 cups milk instead of cream/water combination.)
- Add flour and baking powder and mix together. Then add melted butter and beat until light yellow. Pour into prepared pan. Tap filled pan gently on counter. Bake for 40-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- IMPORTANT - cool completely in pan! For several hours at least before removing cake from pan. It is rich and might break. (Good for trifle in that case!)
- Dust top with confectioner's sugar/powdered sugar. Use colored sugar to match the season!