Samoan Toffee Cake
How to Make Samoan Toffee Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly brush a 10cm deep (10-cup), 26cm (top measurement) non-stick bundt cake pan (or fluted ring pan) with melted butter to grease. Place on a baking tray.
- 2Place large bowl place butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat on high, until mixture is pale and creamy. Add eggs 1 at a time and beat well after each addition until combined.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon over top of mixture. Add milk and water, and fold in until just combined.
- 4To make toffee:
Place sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, for 15-20 minutes or until it is golden. Remove immediately from heat and cool base of pot in cold water to stop cooking.
- 5Hold bowl and quickly pour toffee over cake mixture. Use large spoon to fold toffee through mixture (toffee will set in strands immediately and should appear lumpy throughout mixture).
- 6Spoon into pan and smooth surface. Cover with foil, folding edges over pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or until cake begins to shrink from sides and a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 7Carefully remove foil. Set cake aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Dust with icing sugar before serving. Note: This cake will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days