Jordan Michelle Falco
These recipes are copied directly from the notes of my Basic Cakes class. I’m posting them here on Just a Pinch for my own posterity. Feel free to round the fractional measurements up or down (5/8 is just as good as 1/2)
How to Make Sacher Cake
- Line the cake pans.
- Warm the almond paste in a microwave.
- In a mixing bowl with the paddle attacment, mix the almond paste with the first sugar.
- Add the egg yolks slowly, mix well, and then add the eggs slowly. Mix for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the cooled melted butter, flour, and cocoa powder.
- In a mixer with a whip attachment, whip the ehh whites with the second sugar to soft speaks.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the cake batter.
- Deposit 1 lb 8 oz into each cake pan.
- Bake at 335F in a convection oven for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Assembly: Divide the cake into two equal layers. Spread apricot jam between te two layers. Cover the cake with cocolate glaze or ganace and pipe "Sacher" on the top decoratbly with cooled and thickened chocolate glaze. Serve with whipped cream.