Rum Cake Truffles
1 boxyellow cake mix (and required ingredients for making)
1/2 can(s)store-bought buttercream frosting
1 tsprum extract
1/4 cbutter, melted
3/4 clight corn syrup
1/2 cgolden rum
14 ozmilk chocolate dipping chocolate or bark
1/4 cfinely chopped pecans
How to Make Rum Cake Truffles
- Prepare cake according to directions and let cool.
- In a large bowl, crumble cake and set aside. In a small bowl, mix butter, corn syrup and rum and set aside. In another small bowl, mix frosting and rum extract. Fold rum mixture into crumbled cake, then fold in frosting mixture. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll cake mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in freezer for 20 minutes, or in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Dip balls into melted milk chocolate bark to coat. While wet, decorate with chopped pecans (note: alternatively, you can drizzle with white chocolate and eliminate the nuts). Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set. Store in airtight container for one week. Makes approximately 4 dozen.
- Unauthorized alterations or amendments to this recipe without express permission from Wendy Hallmark is strictly prohibited.