I got this recipe well over 20 years ago from my friend's neighbor who made it for his birthday. It took me months to get the lady to part with her recipe. I still have the battered up paper she wrote it on in my recipe files. It has been used many times.
1/2 cpecans, chopped
1 boxyellow cake mix without pudding in the mix
1/2 clight rum
1/2 cvegetable oil
4eggs room temperature
1 boxinstant vanilla pudding (small)
How to Make Rum Cake
- Grease & Flour a Bunt Pan.
Sprinkle Pecans In The Bottom of The Pan.
- Put Remaining Ingredients In a Mixing Bowl.
Mix 2 Minutes.
- Bake, at 325 for 50 to 60 minutes (or until cake springs back when touched).
Do Not Over bake.
- About 5 Minutes Before Cake Is Done, make hot rum glaze.
- 1 c sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup light rum
Put ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes.
- Do NOT remove the cake from the pan when it is done baking. Take cake out of the oven and pierce with a meat fork. Pour the entire pan of glaze over the top VERY SLOWLY. It will seem like there is too much glaze for the cake, but be patient. It will take it all. Let the cake sit on a wire rack for 30 minutes to absorb the glaze. Turn over onto a serving tray and let cool for an hour.