1 tspgrated orange rind
1/2 tspgrated lemon rind
1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 cchopped pecans
3/4 cchopped pecans
1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Rum Cake
- Beat room temperature butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar. Mix well.
- Add rinds and eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Fold in one cup chopped nuts.
- Grease tube pan
- Place 3/4 cup chopped pecans in bottom and along sides of tube pan.
- Gently pour batter into pan, trying not to disturb nuts coating outside of pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until cake shrinks from pan edges.
- While cake cooks, combine fruit juice, rum and powdered sugar.
- Bring to a boil, and continue boiling boiling for about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the cake when you take it out of the oven.