- pound cake or those little round shortcake things
- rum...your choice of dark, light, or spiced
- heavy cream, whipped
- maraschino cherries
- french vanilla ice cream, or your favorite
- 1 jar(s)
- hot fudge or carmel sauce your favorite
- option: chopped nuts..your favorite.
How to Make Rum Baba
- 1This is such and easy elegant dessert.
- 2Chill some lovely stemmed crystal pudding cups. I like to serve this elegantly it looks like one has worked your little fingers to the bone. :)
- 3Take a slice of pound cake or shortbread thingys and place it in each chilled cups.
- 4Scoop a lovely round large ball of Ice Cream into the each cup.
- 5Pour a jigger of Rum over the ice cream of each.
- 6Put a little Hot Fudge or Carmel sauce on top.
- 7Add Whipped cream on top.
- 8Add a cherry.
- 9Optional add some chopped nuts..
- 10Serve immediately.
- 11Option...I have run out of Rum sometimes..I have used Courvoisier or Cognac. Or you could use any flavor of Schnapps, a sweeet wine, Lemocello or Annesette would be good too.
I have used this recipe over left over Banana Bread, Chiffon Cakes, or just a box mix of different flavored cakes. Instead of buying the cake.
- 12Another way I have done this is by using a Lemon Pound cake, a jigger of Lemoncello and Lemon Curd...
And instead of using Ice Cream I have use Lemon Sorbet with left over Angel Food cake..and add the lemon curd and Lemoncello.