Root Beer Float Cake
*** This is not my photo.
3 ccake flour
2 Tbspbaking powder
3 1/2 tspwater
1 1/2 Tbsproot beer extract
1 tspvanilla extract
7 1/2 cpowdered sugar
2 1/2 cbutter
3-5 Tbspheavy cream
1 1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
How to Make Root Beer Float Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter and flour two (9 inch cake pans). Line the bottom with parchment paper. Set to the side until needed.
- In large bowl: Cream together the sugar and butter beating until creamy and fluffy. Add extracts, the water and eggs and mix together on slow.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this to the butter mixture while alternating with the milk. When all ingredients are mixed together and a smooth batter is formed, divide the batter into the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake until cakes are set (about 35 minutes). Let cool about 8 minutes before inverting onto cooling racks. Totally cool cakes before frosting them.
Mix together on low speed the powdered sugar and butter. Add the cream and extract, when blended, turn the speed up on the mixer to Medium-high for 4 minutes. (Add more cream if you need it to make frosting more spreadable.
- Frost the top of the first cake. Set the second cake on top of the frosted cake, press down gently. Frost the top and sides of the cake making pretty swirls in the frosting.
- *** A cute presentation for cupcakes is to make tall cupcakes, frost them with rounded mound of frosting, and decorate with a bendable straw poked into the cupcake so it looks like a root beer float.