★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- 1/2 stick
- 1 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- 1 small
- pkg. pudding ( vanilla, chocolate or any flavor you like)
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 large
- can cherry pie filling
How to Make Ring Cake
- 1In saucepan over med/high heat, stir vigorously the water, margarine and flour until it forms a ball.
- 2Take away from heat.
- 3Add 4 eggs. Mix well with electric beater until smooth. (will be gooey)
- 4Grease a cookie sheet. Drop by spoonfuls to shape a wreath or heart shape. Make sure all touch. I make it about 12" round, with about 12 round spoon drops of the mixture (all touching each other)
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- 6Cool. Slice off top. It's easier to use a serrated bread knife to slice the top half off the ring. Try to keep it in tact as one circular piece. if not, don't worry, just like a puzzle to match the top and bottom back together.
- 7Pull out any soft dough.
- 8Fill with pudding mixture (you can fill it with just about anything, be creative, even ice cream)
(I've used 1/2 cup milk, 1 small pkg. pudding, 1 tsp. vanilla and 3/4 cup sour cream as a filling which is ingredients listed above).
- 9Put the top back on, over the filling.
- 10Take a can of cherry pie filling and spoon over the ring, letting the cherries and cherry gel fall as it may.