★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 call-purpose flour
1 smallpkg. pudding ( vanilla, chocolate or any flavor you like)
3/4 csour cream
1 largecan cherry pie filling
How to Make Ring Cake
- In saucepan over med/high heat, stir vigorously the water, margarine and flour until it forms a ball.
- Take away from heat.
- Add 4 eggs. Mix well with electric beater until smooth. (will be gooey)
- Grease a cookie sheet. Drop by spoonfuls to shape a wreath or heart shape. Make sure all touch. I make it about 12" round, with about 12 round spoon drops of the mixture (all touching each other)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool. Slice off top. It's easier to use a serrated bread knife to slice the top half off the ring. Try to keep it in tact as one circular piece. if not, don't worry, just like a puzzle to match the top and bottom back together.
- Pull out any soft dough.
- Fill with pudding mixture (you can fill it with just about anything, be creative, even ice cream)
(I've used 1/2 cup milk, 1 small pkg. pudding, 1 tsp. vanilla and 3/4 cup sour cream as a filling which is ingredients listed above).
- Put the top back on, over the filling.
- Take a can of cherry pie filling and spoon over the ring, letting the cherries and cherry gel fall as it may.