Ricotta Chocolate Chip Torte
I made a couple of changes but the recipe originated from her.
It is a dense rich cake that you will love. It is easy to make and takes little time. The chocolate and the ricotta just seem to meld together and make this one of the most delicious torte's you can ever find.
2 1/3 cflour
1 ccold butter sliced thinly
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
14 ozfresh ricotta
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Ricotta Chocolate Chip Torte
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees. In a large bowl mix the ingredients for the crust with the exception of the butter.
- Now cut the butter into thin slices and add it to the mixture working it in gently, but not so much that everything blends together. To have the butter cold enough you should put it in the freezer for 20 or 30 minutes before slicing
- Take a little more than half the crust mixture and press it gently into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan that has been greased with butter and dusted with flour
- Now mix the ricotta and sugar with a fork.
- Once mixed in well add the chocolate chips mix again and then spread it evenly on top of the crust
- Take the remainder of the crust and crumble it with your hands letting the pieces fall over the filling. You can press it down gently if you wish, however when it bakes the butter will melt and the crust will take a nice form.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes at 320°. Serve it at room temperature.