Ricotta Breakfast Cake with Berries
- nonstick baking spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups ricotta
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, blueberries or blackberries, divided
How to Make Ricotta Breakfast Cake with Berries
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F; Line a 9”-diameter spring form cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- 2Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended. Then fold in butter, followed by ¾ cup berries, taking care not to crush berries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining ¼ cup berries over top.
- 4Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.