Rick's Chocolate Pound Cake
1/2 lbbutter, room temperature (use real, unsalted)
5eggs, room temperature
3 cflour (before sifting)
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cmilk (always use whole milk, let set to room temp.)
1 lbcan of chocolate syrup
How to Make Rick's Chocolate Pound Cake
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one-at-a-time, beating after each one is added.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to wet ingredients alternating with the milk.
- Add vanilla after flour is thoroughly mixed in as the alcohol in flavoring will lump flour.
- Add the entire large can of chocolate syrup. Mix into other ingredients. Spend a little extra time on this final step to incorporate all the ingredients very well.
- Put into large tube pan which has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Icing: 1 8 0z. pack of cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 4 tablespoons (or more) milk, 1 box of powered sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa. Mix all ingredients well. Ice cooled cake.