Rick's Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1/2 lb
- butter, room temperature (use real, unsalted)
- 1/2 c
- 3 c
- eggs, room temperature
- 3 c
- flour (before sifting)
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- milk (always use whole milk, let set to room temp.)
- 1 tsp
- 1 lb
- can of chocolate syrup
How to Make Rick's Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1Cream shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs one-at-a-time, beating after each one is added.
- 3Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to wet ingredients alternating with the milk.
- 4Add vanilla after flour is thoroughly mixed in as the alcohol in flavoring will lump flour.
- 5Add the entire large can of chocolate syrup. Mix into other ingredients. Spend a little extra time on this final step to incorporate all the ingredients very well.
- 6Put into large tube pan which has been greased and floured.
- 7Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 8Icing: 1 8 0z. pack of cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 4 tablespoons (or more) milk, 1 box of powered sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa. Mix all ingredients well. Ice cooled cake.