Rich Carrot Cake
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 boxextra moist spice cake mix
1 pkginstant vanilla pudding
1/2 ccanola oil
1 can(s)crushed pineapple, drained, juice set aside
1 1/4 cpinapple juice, and water to make up the difference
1 tspreal vanilla
1 ccarrots, peeled, grated
3/4 cflaked coconut
3/4 cwalnuts, chopped
How to Make Rich Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease liberally and lightly flour an angel food cake or bundt pan, 2 loaf pans or a large oblong pan or glass casserole.
- Mix in the mixer, the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk, oil, pineapple juice & water mixture and vanilla.
- Stir in the other ingredients. The batter will be thick, but if you can see that it is too thick to even spread evenly in the pan, add another 1/4 cup of water.
- Pour batter into the pan/s of your choice, spreading batter as evenly as possible, being sure to get it into the corners (if you are using loaf pans or an oblong pan). Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, depending on the heat of your oven. Mine seems to run hot. Cake is done when a thin wooden pick or knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to finish cooling on a rack. After carrot cake is cooled, you can frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting or drizzle with an orange glaze.
- Orange Glaze:
2 teaspoons Orange juice or
1 teaspoon Orange extract
1 cup of water
3/4 cup of powdered sugar