·3.5-4 cups rhubarb, rough cut (process/blend on “pulse”)
·3/4 to 1 cup white granulated sugar
·1 sm. pkg. red jello (i use raspberry) sugarfree ok
·1 pkg. cake mix, white or yellow - cheap one!
·1/2 cup (+or-) h2o (i used cranberry+pommegranate jce)
·3 tbsp. melted butter/margarine/oil - your choice! (zap butter/margarine in meas. cup w/ pouring lip for ease later)
How to Make Rhubarb Dump Cake
- Pam/Baker's Pride spray baking pan well. Pour into pan dry ingredients. Sprinkle over all the cut rhubarb, scattering evenly.
- Drizzle all liquids to wet down dish contents, then draw knife through to distribute mingling wet & dry. Adjust amount of added liquid if needed, but don't expect it to be batter-like; cooking rhubarb will provide more juice!
- Can be doubled for 9 X 13, but I'd only do a bit more than half again of the rhubarb.
- Bake at 350 - 35 minutes (+or-) Check that bottom is cooked, cake-like, then cool, but serve warm with whipped cream/ icecream or drizzle with heavy cream/half-and-half.
- Keep leftovers wrapped well to prevent drying out or freeze/thaw to enjoy later. (substitute other fruits/juices/jellos to vary)