Rhubarb Custard Upside Down Cake
recipe is quick, simple and great tasting!!This cake creates its own custard while it bakes. Hope you like it.. I found this recipe on recipetips.com
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 4 c
- chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
How to Make Rhubarb Custard Upside Down Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- 3Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the package and pour into the prepared cake pan.
- 4Combine rhubarb and sugar, stir until evenly mixed. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the unbaked cake mix.
- 5Pour the heavy cream over the top of the cake and rhubarb.
- 6Place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour. I took my cake out in about 50 minutes. (Peek)
- 7Let the cake cool befor cutting. To serve, cut the cake, and flip each piece over upside-down. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- 8Store in the refrigerator.. It is better the next day and has a custard taste and consistency.
- 9I used a cake mix that called for oil.. If you use frozen rhubarb let it thaw some before you add your sugar. Yes, you need to add all the juices and the whole pint of heavy cream!! Don't be intimadated.