Resurrection Cake with Whiskey Sauce
1boxed cake mix, your choice
1 ptstewed fruit, your choice
·several pats of butter
·sugar to coat the cake
1/2 lbbutter (2 sticks)
1 tsppure vanilla
1 cblack label jack daniels whiskey
How to Make Resurrection Cake with Whiskey Sauce
- Pour batter into a deep greased cake pan.
- Pour a pint of stewed fruit over the top. Our family liked pears and peaches.
- Sprinkle with a good coat of sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes - cake should rise and cover fruit with a brown crust.
- Add whiskey a little at a time (and to your taste) into blended sugar combination.
- The sauce should be loose and creamy with the sugar being a little grainy.