Resurrection Cake with Whiskey Sauce
- boxed cake mix, your choice
- 1 pt
- stewed fruit, your choice
- several pats of butter
- sugar to coat the cake
- 2 c
- 1/2 lb
- butter (2 sticks)
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla
- 1 c
- black label jack daniels whiskey
- 1 pinch
How to Make Resurrection Cake with Whiskey Sauce
- 2Pour batter into a deep greased cake pan.
- 3Pour a pint of stewed fruit over the top. Our family liked pears and peaches.
- 5Sprinkle with a good coat of sugar.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes - cake should rise and cover fruit with a brown crust.
- 8Add whiskey a little at a time (and to your taste) into blended sugar combination.
- 9The sauce should be loose and creamy with the sugar being a little grainy.