Reese's Peanut Butter Cake
- 2 box
- duncan hines classic yellow cake mix
- 2 pkg
- small instant vanilla pudding
- 16 oz
- container of sour cream
- 1 c
- 2/3 c
- butter, melted
- 2 can(s)
- milk chocolate frosting
- 1 large
- bag of reese cup family size bag
- 1 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 32 oz
- powdered sugar, sifted (8cups)
- 1 c
- plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
How to Make Reese's Peanut Butter Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350F. Grease 4-8inch cake pans generously (batter is very thick).
- 2In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except peanut butter cups and frosting; mix, scraping the bowl. Mix on high speed for 3 minutes. Evenly distribute cake batter (I can only put 3 pans in my oven at a time).
- 3Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking at 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and then invert onto a baking rack. Completely cool before frosting.
- 4While cakes are cooling unwrap all candies and chop up into small pieces.
- 5PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
In large mixing bowl cream peanut butter; gradually add in half the powdered sugar (I do not sift my sugar and it is smooth as silk)beating well. Add remaining sugar alternately with milk, beating until smooth enough to spread. Add in vanilla; beat well.
- 6On bottom layer frost with peanut butter frosting, sprinkle with cut up candy. Repeat this on all layer including the top. Frost sides with chocolate frosting. Garnish bottom side of cake with remaining candy.