Red, White and Blueberry Cake
How to Make Red, White and Blueberry Cake
- 1There are 3 layers to this cake. The base for all three cakes is as follows:
- 2Mix 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter, 2 eggs, 1 tspn vanilla in a bowl.
- 3Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in another bowl.
- 4Alternate pouring flour mix and 3/4 cups milk into the egg mix.
- 5For Strawberry Layer : Blend 2 cups strawberries in a food prossessor or blender and add to batter. (For a deeper red add a few drops of food coloring)
- 6For Blueberry Layer: Blend 1 1/2 cups blueberries in a food prossessor or blender and add to batter. (If you want a deeper blue you can add a few drops of blue food coloring)
- 7For Vanilla Layer: Add 2 extra teaspoons of Vanilla extract to batter.
- 8Bake each layer at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Let cool for 30-45 minutes then stack cakes ontop of eachother. Frost and enjoy!