Red Velvet Whoopie pies
1-1lb 1.5 ozpouch of sugar cookie mix
1/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cbutter softened
1/4 csour cream
1 tspred food coloring
1/4 cbutter softened for frosting
4 ozcream cheese softened for frosting
2 cconfectioners' sugar for frosting
1 tspvanilla extract for frosting
How to Make Red Velvet Whoopie pies
- Mix cookie mix, cocoa, butter, sour cream, food color and egg in bowl until soft dough forms.
- Drop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart with a cookie scoop
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling, make frosting. Mix butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- When cookies are completely cooled, assemble whoopie pies by putting frosting on the flat side of a cookie and sandwiching another flat cookie bottom against the exposed frosting. It should look like a little sandwich, like in the picture.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of milk :-)