Red Velvet Pound Cake by Rose
- sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- vegetable shortening (solid kind)
- 3 c
- ounce bottle red food coloring
- 2 tsp
- 3 c
- cake flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- whole milk
How to Make Red Velvet Pound Cake by Rose
- 1Using a 10 inch tube pan, prepare:grease and flour set aside. Preheat oven 325.
- 2Cake: In mixing bowl combine, butter, shortening and sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Stir in the food coloring and vanilla. Stir together in seperate bowl flour and salt; add this to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes, check for doneness. Cool cake in pan at least 15 minutes, turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- 3I just use a confectioners sugar drizzle with milk and vanilla. I don't frost the whole cake but I'm sure it would be great. To me it wouldn't be a pound cake frosting the whole thing. Do what your taste calls for, have fun with it. Enjoy