Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Enjoy Red Velvet Cake cupcake-style with a rich cream cheese frosting the family will love -- great for special occasions or anytime
- 3/4 cup pure wesson® vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 bottle (1 oz each) red food coloring
- 3 cups eagle mills® all-purpose unbleached flour with ultragrain®
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped peppermint candy or pecans, optional
How to Make Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 11. Prepare Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. Combine oil and granulated sugar in large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Blend in vinegar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Add red food coloring; beat until combined.
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat on low speed until blended after each addition. Divide batter evenly into prepared cups.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
5. Prepare Frosting: Place cream cheese and butter in medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; blend until smooth.
6.Frost tops of cupcakes with frosting. Sprinkle with chopped peppermint candy or pecans, if desired.