Red Velvet Cupcakes In A Jar
Another recipe tested that must be shared :) enjoy
1 ccake flour
2 Tbspcocoa, unsweetened
1/2 tspkosher salt
2/3 cvegetable oil
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 Tbspred food coloring drops
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 tspwhite vinegar
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 ozcream cheese, softnened
3 Tbspbutter, softened
3 3/4 cconfectioners' sugar, sifted
2 tspvanilla extract, clear
How to Make Red Velvet Cupcakes In A Jar
- For the Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cupcake wells with paper liners or spray pan with spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Sift together cake flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine oil and sugar until well-blended. Add egg and mix until combined.
- 4. Turn your mixer down to the lowest speed and add vanilla, then slowly add in the food coloring. Note: If you are using liquid food coloring, it will take about 2 tablespoons of coloring to get a dark red shade. I used about 1 tablespoon of gel dye to achieve the shade in the photographs. Add the dye slowly and color according to your preference.
- 5. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk in two batches; scrape down the side of the bowl. Continue mixing until just combined, taking care not to over mix.
- 6. Place baking soda in a small dish, stir in vinegar and add to batter with the machine running. Beat for about 10 seconds.
- 7. Using a medium scoop (about 3 tablespoons), divide batter between the 12 wells, filling each well about 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese and butter until well combined.
- 2. With the mixer on low, gradually add the confectioners’ sugar until thoroughly incorporated and smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- To Assemble in Jars
1. Slice cupcakes horizontally to create layers. Each cupcake will yield 2-3 layers depending on how thick you want your layers to be.
- 2. Place one cupcake layer into the bottom of your jar, pipe a layer of cream cheese frosting directly onto the cake layer. Repeat the layering process until you reach the top of your jar. If desired, garnish with festive sprinkles or red velvet cake crumbs.