Raw Apple Cake
4 ctart johnathan apples peeled and diced
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Raw Apple Cake
- Prepare apples, set aside
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda,and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream together eggs, shortening and sugar.
- Mix apples, nuts and dry ingredients into creamed mixture alternately. Mix will appear very dry as the moisture comes from the apples when the cake bakes.
- Turn mixture into greased and floured 10 inch iron skillet and smooth out with a spatula or knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325 and bake an additional 45 minutes. Turn topside up onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm. An optional scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of carmel add to the enjoyment.