Raw Apple Cake
How to Make Raw Apple Cake
- 1Prepare apples, set aside
- 2Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda,and cinnamon and set aside.
- 3Cream together eggs, shortening and sugar.
- 4Mix apples, nuts and dry ingredients into creamed mixture alternately. Mix will appear very dry as the moisture comes from the apples when the cake bakes.
- 5Turn mixture into greased and floured 10 inch iron skillet and smooth out with a spatula or knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325 and bake an additional 45 minutes. Turn topside up onto a serving plate.
- 6Serve warm. An optional scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of carmel add to the enjoyment.